- Degree qualified or final year student in Mechanical, Design, Manufacture, Production, Electromechanical, or similar engineering discipline; or relevant engineering experience
- Knowledge of how to set up experiments and collect data for testing
- Experience in hands-on prototyping - from making models from cardboard to 3D printing to using standard machine shop equipment
- Understanding and experience of CAD modeling, in particular Solidworks
- Ability and willingness to quickly experiment to test out hypotheses and ideas
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- (Desirable) Knowledge of engineering materials - e.g. biopolymers, composites, textiles
- (Desirable) Understanding of statistical techniques
- (Desirable) Passion for and knowledge of sustainability engineering
Описание на позицията
We are looking for a Design Engineering Intern based in Sofia. The ideal candidate is an ambitious Engineering student or recent graduate, with a passion for continuous learning and new challenges within the female health industry.
At Daye, you will work closely with the Design Engineering Team and Quality Team. Your role will span in-house R&D, machine troubleshooting, design, and quality tasks depending on where help is needed in particular projects. In particular, this may involve product testing, assembly of machines, and ensuring processes are well documented within the quality system, just to name a few.
The goal for the team is for you to get involved in particular projects long term, so that you can learn how projects are managed in a fast-paced environment with changing factors. As a start-up, we have to be agile to deal with sometimes ambiguous work conditions and you will be asked to pick up tasks across the team as needed.
Daye is a young company with a multidisciplinary team so you will be developing a broad business perspective and gaining valuable experience by working on a number of projects. If this sounds like something you would enjoy, we’d love to talk with you!
This role is for you if you:
- Love being proactive and have a can-do, independent work attitude
- Are willing to ask questions and speak your opinion
- Possess strong people and communication skills
- Are highly methodical and organized
- Enjoy figuring out what needs to be done, and doing it
- Adapt to changes easily and are comfortable with high levels of ambiguity
Salary: 800 - 1000 BGN (net)
- Experimenting and testing a variety of products, formulations or designs
- Building test rigs
- Creating, organising, and editing procedures for our quality management system
- Organising, performing, and appropriately documenting benchtop testing for product performance and understanding
- Data analysis and report writing based on completed testing with results presented to the team in adequate time
- Examining the production environment and process, identifying areas of improvement, and recommending efficiency improvements
- Aid in the development of new products and/or automated production machinery
- Assisting the DE and Product teams with other tasks as needed
- Sharing our mission to improve the quality of female health – all while building strong foundations for a successful career!